Assistant Program Coordinator (Part-time)
This position requires a person with good organizational skill, computer knowledge including Access, QuickBooks, Publisher, Excel and Word, communications skills and retail knowledge. The individual will be required to schedule, invoice and record payments for environmental programs, scout groups, and birthday parties. Duties also include end of the day register closeout. This person is also required to keep our Visitor Aide Volunteers up to date and informed of upcoming programs as well as updating registration database for public programs on a seasonal basis.
The Assistant Program Coordinator will report directly to the Assistant Direct and will supervise the volunteer Visitor Center Visitor Aides. The position will require cooperative interaction with other departments and their managers including the education department, Lenape Village and the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Schedule, invoice, collect and record payments for school programs, birthday parties, and scout groups.
- Be a liaison between the Nature Center and schools, answer questions and send additional program information including upcoming events. Set up a database with current information for teachers and scout leaders.
- Supervise the volunteer visitor aides with the POS system at front desk. Run an end of the day close out of POS (QuickBooks Point of Sale)
- Maintain the registration database for current programs.
- Keep brochure racks supplied with current Material.
- Manage our Membership database, send out monthly renewal letters and communicate with members via emails, social media and mailings.
- Maintain a neat and orderly reception area.
- Assist with quarterly store inventory.
- Attend major public events to promote membership.
- Minimum 1 year of public relations /customer service experience.
- Experience with a POS system
- Being detail-oriented and having organizational skills are critical to this position.
- Experience working in a small office environment and a willingness to “pitch-in” when necessary to support projects/programs.
- Some supervisory experience or leadership skills are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity of Social Media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and others as required.
30 hours per week/$15.00 per hour
Tuesdays – Saturday: 11:00 am – 5:30 pm (6.5 hours, with ½ hour unpaid break).
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted from October 15, 2018 – November 15, 2018 (Start Date is Dec 1st)
Notice: Applicants must have 3 of the following background checks for consideration.