Our facilities include a visitor center housing interpretive exhibits, live animal displays, a gift shop and a naturalist room complete with displays, books and an indoor view of our bird blind. Outside access to the blind is available year-round just behind the visitor center.
There are 2 miles of nature trails across the preserve that intersect several habitat types. Parts of our trail system are wheelchair accessible.
Stand surrounded by fluttering gems in our Janet V. Makiewicz Butterfly House, visit a re-created Lenape Indian Village or take a stroll through our Marlin D. Corn Wildlife Gardens.
A full range of environmental programs are offered for school groups as well as scout packs. Public programs include bird walks, campfire programs, children's camps.
We even have a natural playground and picnic grove, both open year-round for visitor use.
There is something for everyone!
Until the pandemic is over, all visitors must have a face mask on to enter our facilities in accordance with county, state and federal guidelines.
- We ask that you please respect our trails and property by not littering or disrupting the wildlife.
- As a nature preserve we do not permit pets on our trails for the safety of your animals and ours. ADA certified service dogs are given an exception when properly tagged.
- Our trails are always open for light hiking, but camping or the use of campfires is prohibited.
- The use of bikes, ATV's, alcohol, drugs and weapons of any kind are all also prohibited on our property.
- We also prohibit the use of drones on our trails and over the lake to prevent disruption of local wildlife including nesting birds.
- The Churchville Reservoir (Springfield Lake) itself is privately owned by Aqua America, NOT the County of Bucks. Due to it being privately owned, there is NO public recreational use of it. This includes no fishing, boating or swimming.
Visitor Center Hours
Tuesday - Sunday 10AM to 5PM
Nature Trails are open sunup to sundown every day. No pets are allowed on the trails.
Visitor Center, gardens, trails and playground are free of charge. Special events/programs or facility rentals may close down normally open areas for private or payed usage.
Please Note: Our visitor center and some of our trails are handicapped-accessible with the visitor center itself being ADA compliant. Our trails are a mixture of paved, stone, boardwalk and compact dirt. A limited amount of wheelchairs are available to borrow upon request.
Lenape Village Hours (CLOSED TO PUBLIC AT THIS TIME)
The Lenape Village is only open for scheduled programming. We offer programming for schools, scouts and private tours with some publicly scheduled programs throughout the year. To book a group program, please contact the Lenape Village Program Director Marge Custer at (215) 357-4005 ext. 5039. For more information on Sunday programs or events, please check out our program guides or visit the Lenape Village page HERE.
Butterfly House Hours (CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AT THIS TIME)
The Butterfly House is normally open seasonally, Wednesday to Sunday, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm from mid-June through mid-September. Special events, operating hours and other information, such as pricing, can be found HERE.