Our facilities include a visitor center housing interpretive exhibits, live animal displays, a gift shop and both indoor and outdoor wildlife viewing areas. There are 2 miles of nature trails across the preserve.
Stand surrounded by fluttering gems in our Janet V. Makiewicz Butterfly House, visit a re-created Lenape Indian Village or take a stroll through our Marlin D. Corn Wildlife Gardens.
A full range of environmental programs are offered for school classes as well as scout groups. Public programs include bird walks, campfire programs, children's clubs and a wide variety of outings and field trips.
We even have a natural playground and picnic grove, both year round for visitors to use.
There is something for everyone!
Until the pandemic is over, all visitors must have a face mask on to enter our facilities in accordance with county, state and federal guidelines.
- We ask that you please respect our trails and property by not littering or disrupting the wildlife.
- As a nature preserve we do not permit pets on our trails for the safety of your animals and ours.
- Our trails are always open for light hiking, but camping or the use of campfires is prohibited.
- The use of bikes, ATV's, alcohol, drugs and firearms are all also prohibited on our property.
- We also prohibit the use of drones on our trails and over the lake to prevent disruption of local wildlife including nesting birds.
- The Churchville Reservoir itself is privately owned by Aqua America, not the County of Bucks. Due to it being privately owned, there is no fishing, boating or swimming permitted.
Visitor Center Hours
Tuesday - Sunday 10AM to 5PM
Nature Trails are open sunup to sundown every day. No pets are allowed on the trails.
Visitor Center, gardens, trails and playgrounds are free of charge and fully accessible during open hours except during special events and facility rentals.
Please Note: Our visitor center and many of our trails are handicapped-accessible with the center itself being ADA compliant.
Limited amount of wheelchairs are available to borrow upon request.
Lenape Village Hours (CLOSED TO PUBLIC AT THIS TIME)
The Lenape Village holds special Sunday public programs and events throughout the year. During weekdays the village is used for private group programs only. To book a school or private group program, please contact the Lenape Village Program Director Marge Custer at (215) 357-4005 ext. 5039. For more information on Sunday programs or events, please check out our program guides.
Butterfly House Hours (CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC FOR THE 2020 SEASON)
The Butterfly House is normally open seasonally, Wednesday to Sunday, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm from mid-June through mid-September. HOUSE IS NOT OPEN for 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic. Special events, operating hours and private tours are available. For more information on the program, contact Naturalist Bill Woodroffe: (215) 357-4005 ext. 5033.